Creating an Order or Invoice
To create a manual order or invoice, click on the green “New Order” button. You will be prompted to provide the following information:
- Customer: Select an existing contact or create a new one
- Order Items (see below)
- Status: Choose from one of the following: “Ordered”, “Paid”, “In Progress”, “Shipped”, “Delivered”, “Complete”, “Cancelled”, “Due”
- Due Date: Enter the date the invoice is due for payment from the customer
- Option to automatically record this order as income in the Accounting section
- Note: Add an note that you’d like included on the invoice
Once you’ve completed this dialog, simply press “Save” to create the order.
Invoices will automatically include your farm name and address that you’ve specified in Your Account Settings
Note: Online orders automatically record the sale as income in the Accounting section.
Adding Order Items
You’ll need to add one of more products to an order. To add a product, select it from the drop down menu under “Add Order Item”, then enter the number of products being sold in the “Quantity” field and click “Add Item”.
Products included in the order will be listed and can be removed by clicking on the red “X”. Additionally the total for all the adding products is automatically calculated.
Managing Existing Orders
When you select an existing order from the orders grid or from a Customer’s Orders Tab you can view details about the order. Details include:
- The date the order was placed
- The products, price, and quantity sold
- The customer details
- Order total
- Order status (including the transaction ID if an online credit card payment)
- Ability to edit the order
- Print packing slip button
Printing and Emailing Invoices
Printing an invoice is an easy and convenient way either include a receipt and inventory record when delivering or products or to help you fulfill the order when packing a box with products or produce, simply click the “Print” link at the top right of the order details screen.
If you’ve attached a customer to your order / invoice, and that customer has an email address you can email them. To email the customer, simply click the “Email Customer” button in the bottom right and your customer will receive an email with the invoice included.